The purpose of a conference may be for a variety of reasons. A conference can be a small and intimate affair or a large-scale event that requires months of planning. Here are some reasons to hold a conference:
- Build Morale: Taking your staff away for a team-building event is great way to build people's morale and to encourage effective communication amongst employees. One could also use it as a means to identify leadership skills.
- Brief Staff/Clients: Hold a conference or meeting to brief staff when the company is undergoing large operational changes ie. company merger or technology upgrade.
- Solve a Problem: You may need to hold a mini-conference in order to discuss various solutions to a company problem. You can divide staff into groups and each group can present their solution to the problem.
- Exchange Information: Hold a conference to share and exchange information on a particular subject. A conference is an excellent platform to share results of new studies and to keep all professionals within that industry updated.
- Initiate and Review Policies: This is a popular reason to have a conference. Each year, company policies should be reviewed and new ones created when necessary. This can sometimes be an arduous task so what better way to do this than have a conference dedicated to "company policies"?
- Product Launch: This is always a great reason to have a conference. Invite all companies or clients that fir into your target market and combine the product launch with useful information that delegates can take home.
- Develop Annual Strategy: Go on a conference getaway and spend time developing your business strategy for the following year.
- Brainstorming and idea generation: Develop great ideas for your business, whether it be ideas for marketing, products or services. A conference getaway dedicated to idea generation is bound to be worthwhile.